Thursday, May 15, 2008

4 Months: Pie Charts

Update: Charts are superseded by the ones in this post.

-----

OK, so if we make assumptions on heritage based on names and origins of surnames, that takes away much from our various "Unknown" segments, especially in Mary's chart. In my case there's still a big question mark because I don't even know the surname of my biological paternal grandmother (I think she's German... that would add another 12.5% to August's Germany pie-slice, 25% to mine).

So with that caveat (that I made some assumptions), here are me, Mary, and August (me + Mary).







Remember Augustino Balbani and his great great great great grandfather Turco? They account for just 0.012% of August's genetic heritage. Mary and I also spent several hours tracking down her Swiss connection (that's how we eventually found the Balbanis. All that Switzerland research gave us just 0.83% of August.

I'll probably follow-up soon with an even more simplified chart.

No comments: