Friday, October 1, 2010

5 Months | 2.5 Years: Updates

Parent-teacher conference today at August's new school. Unsurprisingly, August is a star. His caring good-natured attitude has won his teachers over. They clearly like him (I think best of all, but I wouldn't dare blog that... ooops, I just did it!).

He's a love bear.

On his way to school:


In the classroom:



Lela is growing up too. She's a smiler. And a cutie. Has a tooth, working on more all the time. Loud. LOVES to watch her brother do stuff, the more physical the better. She thinks he's HILARIOUS!

Peeking at you:


Crib:


Lela is getting much the same treatment as August as regards nicknames. Today I slapped together a little flow-chart to demonstrate how we arrived at some of her nicknames. So if you wonder how we got from "Lela" to "Dazzle Baby", this is how.

Click to enlarge:


The ones with asterisks are August's baby-talk versions of their root names ("Bussey" = "Butterfly", "Wiggle Bug" = "Lady Bug"). Of course, if you try to speak his own particular dialect of baby talk with him, he'll correct you immediately.

"August, let's go... me loo".

"No, don't say that word, say 'me & you'".

"Oh... 'me you'"

"..... no me loo!"

Ever the mischief maker!

No comments: