Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 60: Cat. Bag. Not In.

Hearing our future baby's heartbeat was a very cool moment, as I previously noted. And, as previously expected, it did have an effect on our patience regarding our "Tell Date". Last night, two weeks ahead of schedule, Mary called her parents and gave them the news. They were sufficiently overjoyed, which was good.

My younger sister is currently undergoing a course of IVF. This is their second time around. Mary and I were very lucky and it just happened without our having to get too particular about the timing, and trying, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to give our news to my poor sister, who's putting so much of her time, money, physical strength and especially her emotional energy into trying to get pregnant. Feel a bit like it might be disheartening for her.

I know on paper she's supposed to be happy for us, but if the tables were turned I know I'd feel a bit left out. I think I'll procrastinate this decision by keeping to our "Tell Date" for my side of the family. My sister may be pregnant by then!

No comments: