Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day 104: G-Day Approaches

Eight days 'til Gender-Day.

Last night Mary talked about an article she'd read regarding some kind of gender disappointment depression. Apparently people fall into some kind of depression when they have (or learn they're having) a baby that's the opposite gender than the one they wanted. It seems that the depression is exacerbated by the guilt over having the disappointment in the first place, and by the fact that most people feel they can't acknowledge their disappointment to another person.

I tell people I don't have a preference. Truth is I do, but it changes. Sometimes I want a boy, sometimes I think I'd much prefer a girl. Seems like a girl would be easier than a boy, and I do tend to bond particularly well with the few girl-kids I've known over the years. But most of the time I'd still prefer a boy. There. I confess. However, I'll not be depressed if this is a girl. A girl would be awesome! I'm pysched either way!

No comments: