Tuesday, January 1, 2008

3 Days: Blog/Life Balance

We brought August home yesterday. Long night last night. Tons of topics I want to cover but don't really have time to right now. Back when this was the "Journal of a newly minted father-to-be", with Mary having a very smooth pregnancy, topics of conversation were limited to the naming debate, prepping the house, advice I'd received, and hand-wringing over whether I'd be a good/adequate father. That makes for sparse posts, as you've seen. Now it's the "Journal of a new father", and I suddenly have much to write about but not enough time/hands to do it. Even right now I'm only able to type this by hunching my body over a sleeping baby on my lap, hoping to god he doesn't wake up.

Topics I plan to cover in the next few posts:
  • The delivery saga (no gory details)
  • Conflicting advice from the throngs of overlapping professionals at MGH
  • The August Watson Faulkner cycle: eat 10 minutes, sleep 35 minutes, cry 15 minutes, repeat.
  • Coming home & introducing dog to baby & vice-versa.
  • More pictures
Looking forward to doing all that, but frankly I'm proud just to have paid the mortgage and kept the dog walking schedule.

No comments: