Wednesday, April 9, 2008

3 Months: Name Game - Flapper Names

As I've mentioned before, I get a lot of traffic to this site from people searching Google for "flapper names". I did some research today and found out why... there's really nowhere on the web, that I can find, where flapper names are listed—neither specific, famous flappers nor a generalized list of flapper-sounding names.

So here is the beginning of a list of flapper names. Some of these are inspired by actual flappers (Isadora), or fictional flappers (Daisy), and some are just names that sound to me like they'd work well for a flapper girl of the 1920's.

Please do comment with suggestions for additions.

Waldron's list of Great Flapper Names:
  • Daisy
  • Dixie
  • Evelyn
  • Fanny
  • Frances
  • Isadora
  • Lillian
  • Louisa
  • Norma
  • Olive
  • Zelda
Update: we should also include
  • Fern

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yet more traffic your name as one more (myself) searches for flapper names via google. This post topping the finds. Thanks for providing the list!